Pedro V. Hernandez, Jr.
Attorney * Mediator
Pedro V. Hernandez, Jr., Attorney * (CPA-Retired) * Mediator, San Antonio, TX
- May 1995 to Present – Solo Practitioner for 21 years
- Civil law practice primarily in Family, Probate, Guardianship, Bankruptcy, Business Formation and Mediation
Gardere & Wynne, Dallas, TX
- August 1990 to May 1995
- Staff Associate Attorney, practiced Bankruptcy and Business Litigation at major Southwest U.S. law firm.
Steven A. Felsenthal, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, Northern District of TX, Dallas Division, Dallas, TX
- November 1989 to July 1990
- Bankruptcy Law Clerk, assisted federal bankruptcy judge with significant consumer and business case docket.
Rochelle & Balzersen, Dallas, TX
- May 1986 to September 1989
- Associate Attorney, practiced Bankruptcy Law at nationally-known bankruptcy law firm.
- San Antonio Bar Association (SABA) Family Law Section – President, 2011-12; Board Member, 2007 – 2013
- San Antonio Bankruptcy Bar Association – President, 2008, Vice President, 2006 – 2007, Secretary, 2005
- William S. Sessions American Inns of Court – Masters of the Bench
- Texas Bar Foundation – Life Fellow
- Texas Bar College – Member
- Supreme Court of Texas – 1987 to Present
- Certified Public Accountant, Texas – 1982 to Present
- Texas State Board of Educator’s Certification, Elementary – 1978 to Present
- Central Texas Dispute Resolution Center, Advanced Family Mediation Training, 2014
- Manousso Mediation Training, Basic Mediation Certificate, 2014
- Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center, San Antonio, TX – Volunteer Mediator, 2014 -present
- St. Mary Magdalen Elementary School, San Antonio, TX – Member, School Advisory Council, 2007 – 10; 2015 – present
- Holy Cross High School, San Antonio, TX – Member, School Advisory Board, 2002 – 2005
- SABA Family Law Section Seminar and San Antonio Family Law Association Speaker: “Fifteen Most Frequently Asked Questions By Family Lawyers About Bankruptcy” (2008);
- SABA Family Law Section Seminar, Panel Moderator: “Valuation Panel” (2009);
- SABA Family Law Section Seminar, Speaker: “Tax Issues and the Family Law Practitioner” (2010);
- SABA Family Law Section, Speaker in the areas of Family Law and Bankruptcy Law, Proposed Local District Court Rules and Property Valuation Issues (2011 – 2012).
- SABBA Speaker: “Marital Issues in Bankruptcy” (2006); “Recent Developments in Family and Bankruptcy Law” (2011, 2013 and 2016).
- San Antonio Chapter – Association of Certified Fraud Examiners – Speaker: “Ethics Impacting Certified Fraud Examiners” (2013).